- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Screen Shot of the Week! Procedure, Rules, etc.  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Stickle

• Security Manager
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • People call me a vehicular lunatic
    • View Profile
Screen Shot of the Week! Procedure, Rules, etc.
« on: June 05, 2007, 02:27:39 am »
Introducing Screen Shot of the week! This is where unique screen shots of any type of game will be posted and voted on each week.

Procedure:
1. A thread will be made up each week, titled something like "Post SS" with the dates on the end, for each week. This will be the thread for posting your SS you want to use to be voted for.
2. Each Monday, a new Post SS will be up for you to post only one screen shot. You have until the end of Friday, of that week to post you SS.
3. Then on Monday, a new thread will be posted which will be a poll, for anyone to vote for which shot they think is the best. Thread subject looking something like this "Poll" with the dates on the end. The poll will run for 5 days. Ending on Saturday, of that same week. Then the winner will be announced!
4. Once the poll is closed. If a tie does occur, then a face-off between the candidates will be polled up.
5. Then the next week will start another "Post".

Rules:
I, myself, will decide if a screen shot will be allowed.
1. No scores/carnage reports allowed to be posted for SSOTW. If there is any sort of full player score sheet or carnage report shown it will not be allowed.
2. No posting a SS that someone else posted.
3. Only post one screen shot per week, in the current thread. If you post more than one, then the first one will be used.
4. No editing of post count. In order to gain or lose the competition.
5. No Halo 3 screen shots period.
6. No screen shots of teamspeak/xfire/aim/steam/ventrilo/mumble or any other program used to communicate/message/instant message.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:32:02 am by Stickle »

Offline Stickle

• Security Manager
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • People call me a vehicular lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Shot of the Week! Procedure, Rules, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:35 am »
Bump! Added new rules.

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Shot of the Week! Procedure, Rules, etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:26 am »
As a newly appointed moderator of the SSOTW competition, I'd like to make a few minor modifications to the competetion/rules.

For the most part, Stickle's rules cover the competition quite well, however I've copied his post and modified a few areas (seen in bold).  Please review them, and happy competing.

Procedure:
1. A thread will be made up each week, titled something like "Post SS" with the dates on the end, for each week. This will be the thread for posting your SS you want to use to be voted for.
2. Each Monday, a new Post SS will be up for you to post only one screen shot. You have until the end of Friday, of that week to post you SS.
3. Then on Monday, a new thread will be posted which will be a poll, for anyone to vote for which shot they think is the best. Thread subject looking something like this "Poll" with the dates on the end. The poll will run for 5 days. Ending on Friday, of that same week. Then the winner will be announced!
4. Once the poll is closed. If a tie does occur, then a face-off between the candidates will be polled up.
5. Then the next week will start another "Post".

An example of the schedule can be seen here:

Monday 1st -- post thread 95 starts

Friday 5th -- post thread 95 stops

Monday 8th -- poll thread 95 starts

Monday 8th -- post thread 96 starts

Friday 12th -- poll thread 95 stops

Friday 12th -- post thread 96 stops

In the event of a tie, a poll will be created called "Tie Poll #xx *startdate* - *enddate*", which will run from the Saturday immediately following the respective poll, to that Sunday.

Rules:
The legality of screen shots may be debated and shall be dealt with as needed by one of the moderators of the competition, with a decision being rendered before the respective POLL is posted.

1. No scores/carnage reports allowed to be posted for SSOTW. If there is any sort of full player score sheet or carnage report shown it will not be allowed.
2. No posting a SS that someone else posted.
3. Only post one screen shot per week, in the current thread. If you post more than one, then the first one will be used.
4. No editing of post count. In order to gain or lose the competition.
5. No Halo 3 screen shots.
6. No screen shots of teamspeak/xfire/aim/steam/ventrilo/mumble or any other program used to communicate/message/instant message.
7. "Shooped" or modified screenshots will not be allowed.  If there is something in particular you would like to be pointed out, please mention that when you post your screenshot.
8. Screenshots must be captured from gameplay footage.  Screenshots taken of in-game cinematics will not qualify.

|Random|
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:52:06 pm by Some Random Dude »
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak