- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: War Thunder!!  (Read 4776 times)

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder!!
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 05:32:01 am »
I really like the game.  I have always really liked any game that had flying involved, from simple arcade style to extreme DCS's, so for me it's a win all the way around.  I guess this game is best described as a rock, paper, scissors kind of game play, that you can spend as little or as much money as you desire.  Putting money in the game gains no real advantage, it just provides a way to advance to higher levels faster, or buy decals and etc.  It is very newb friendly, providing an arcade mode which you can use just the mouse or mouse and keyboard to very effectively fly without any knowledge of how to fly a real plane. Then it has other modes Historic and For Real which you can use flight controls from basic joy sticks to your most complex and expensive flight control systems.  It's still in beta but that's mainly because they are still adding human controlled tanks and ships to the game play.  Tanks are in closed beta at the moment and will probably be released after the first of the year.  What is hard to explain is why it has captured the interest of so many die hard first person shooter players, especially those from games that require correct physics of weapons usage.  It is diffidently a game that if you pre judge, without giving it a try, you may miss out on something that turns out special, and sticks around for many years.  It's a great platform for just an evening of pubbing or can be used for clan style competition, that has embraced the next generation of graphics and gaming hardware, and is attracting new players from all corners of the gaming community.  So if your bored with the COD / Battlefield type games, you should give this one a try.   

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2014, 01:42:41 am »
Excellent summary, ATL. You touched on many great points of the game. I recently started playing again after a while away from it and the new update is great. It added many visual updates (how's the new card, ATL?) as well as ranking/unlocking of planes. I found a video that briefly explains a bit, but I'm trying to find a more detailed one. I'll post back with a better video but here's this one:

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »
The new card is really nice!  The game looks a lot better after the update as well.  :)