- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Wake Up  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
Wake Up
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »
"something :)"

Just quoting from the Shoutbox. xD

HELLO MY FRIENDS! Let's talk about what's going on in our lives.

I'm currently a full time student at my community college. I got a 4.0 GPA last semester. I'm a volunteer badminton coach for my high school. So I'm helping coach the little baby freshmen. It's a pain in the ass because they have no idea what's going on. Other than that, I've been accepted to the two colleges I applied to and I can't wait for this semester to be over so I can start learning about things that are actually geared towards my major.

How about you?

Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Sportin' the old sig by Hambone :D

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
Re: Wake Up
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:37:15 am »
I was just thinking that one of us should start a thread, came over to do it, and voila! Pinkie beat me to it. :)

First off, I miss you guys a bunch. I know it's weird since I've only met a handful of you for a little bit of time, but still. I miss hanging out in TS and in servers with you all. Yeah, yeah, I know we all do. :/

Anyway, I'm still working at CVS as a pharmacy technician, trying to figure out what I'm going back to school for, and hopefully I'll get the financial aid I need. I think I've narrowed it down to a few careers, but not 100% yet. My wife and I are seriously considering moving to Oregon or perhaps somewhere else, say, within 7 or 8 hours of Reno. We want to be able to say we've been somewhere OTHER than here before without completely severing our tie with family because we are all very close, especially since the wedding. Family is extremely important for both of us, we just want to try a new area before kids happen. (We haven't said anything yet, so those with Facebook, please let that stay here on the BC site for now.) I was also given an Xbox circle for Christmas since I had said I missed consoles a bit (still a PC diehard, don't worry). I've now split my gaming time 75% PC, 25% Xbox, but for now I only have Black Ops 2 and am borrowing other games until I have a little extra cash for Forza 4 and GTAV when it comes out.

If you want to play xbox with me, add me- Hambone x22

I'll post a bit more when I think of it. Tty guys tomorrow. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:41:56 am by Hambone »

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 08:03:13 am »
Im still trying to figure out what to do with my life.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Kirby

• Mrs. Abzstrak
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »

Ditto

But seriously, I'm glad everything is working out for you guys- and Pinkster- WTG on the 4.0 & college acceptance letters! That's great!

What's your major again?
Bite me

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:37:06 am »
Pinkster- WTG on the 4.0 & college acceptance letters! That's great!

What's your major again?
Thanks! I'm going into digital cinema. So like.. video editing or something along those lines. I'll start those fun classes this fall. I can't wait!
Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:32 pm »
Pinkster- WTG on the 4.0 & college acceptance letters! That's great!

What's your major again?
Thanks! I'm going into digital cinema. So like.. video editing or something along those lines. I'll start those fun classes this fall. I can't wait!

Way to go into a profession that you already enjoy as a hobby and congrats!

Soooo...I have been working like a dog, but still enjoying life, and I am going on vacation tomorrow (you'll see if I have you on FB).
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »

Soooo...I have been working like a dog, but still enjoying life.....

You still working at Best Buy and if so are you concerned about lay-offs by BB?
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »
No I quit that job long time ago, I just did that to get through College. I actually got a finance related job that I went to school for. I did see however a lot of my friends/former co-workers lose their jobs because they closed the one that I used to work at :(.
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Kirby

• Mrs. Abzstrak
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »
That's really cool Pinkie! You are lucky to be able to study and make a living at something you know you like!
Bite me

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:36 pm »
Oh why not update those of you who actually view the forums on my life..

I'm currently in LA for school, heading back home to Chicago this Monday, though! I'll be graduating college right before Christmas (omg I'm scared). I moved around the city of Chicago quite a bit over the past couple years due to school or other obnoxious problems. I most recently saw Kelly and Geno in person after 8 years. Holy cow. Otherwise there's not much happening! I'll start looking for a summer job shortly and see my lovely Canadian boyfriend in a couple weeks. :D Woooooooo.

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:36 am »
I'll start looking for a summer job shortly and see my lovely Can'tadian boyfriend in a couple weeks. :D Woooooooo.

FTFY

Offline Kelly087

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 03:57:42 am »
^^^ *"Because I'm an american't and fail at life." lololol

Offline Corn89

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 08:26:43 pm »
Great thread! Its cool to see where everyone is in life!  Im currently living in abz and kirbys backyard. (Kingwood) and working at hostgator as a datacenter technician. Also, im getting into the freshwater aquarium hobby! I play a lot of tf2 as well if anyone ever wants to play.  :grin:

Offline Abzstrak

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • The ßÇ Clan
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 06:31:53 am »
Great thread! Its cool to see where everyone is in life!  Im currently living in abz and kirbys backyard. (Kingwood) and working at hostgator as a datacenter technician. Also, im getting into the freshwater aquarium hobby! I play a lot of tf2 as well if anyone ever wants to play.  :grin:

yuck, that's not a pretty commute, assuming you are at their location off 290.
--Abzstrak

Offline Corn89

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:37 am »
Yeah, i used to work for a private school as a technology  director on dacoma and 290. That made for a fun filled morning of traffic. Now i am at hostgator, but at their datacenter at 290 and the beltway instead of their main office at 290 and 610. My hours are 2pm to 11pm though, so while it is far, there is never traffic. 70mph all the way.

Offline Abzstrak

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • The ßÇ Clan
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 01:39:16 pm »
Yeah, i used to work for a private school as a technology  director on dacoma and 290. That made for a fun filled morning of traffic. Now i am at hostgator, but at their datacenter at 290 and the beltway instead of their main office at 290 and 610. My hours are 2pm to 11pm though, so while it is far, there is never traffic. 70mph all the way.

yea, those times would rock, rush hour traffic sucks here...
--Abzstrak

Offline Neo

• The Clan Flirt
  • BC Regular
  • xX emo kid Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 01:44:52 pm »
i play tf2 hit me up!

Offline TeXaS

• °Sous Chef - Josh°
  • BC Members