Author Topic: L4D  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
L4D
« on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »
In L4D at the bridge I'm having trouble getting the generator restarted in the easy mode. I never had trouble before but if I restart the team doesn't stay together and Im overwhelmed. If I stick with the group we are all overwhelmed by the never ending unkillable horde. WEhat am I missing?

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
Re: L4D
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »
L4D 1 or 2, and which map? I think I know which one (the sacrifice?). If that is the case, you have to fill the generator with gas cans found nearby.

[/]

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »
L4D 1 or 2, and which map? I think I know which one (the sacrifice?). If that is the case, you have to fill the generator with gas cans found nearby.

That's the one. After you get on the bridge and the bridge goes up you have to refill 1 generator. Then you are over matched like its legend mode with like 6 attacks by tanks.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:50:41 pm »
One person has to jump back down to save the rest and sacrifice him/herself.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:32 pm »
One person has to jump back down to save the rest and sacrifice him/herself.
Yes, its tough in single player mode but i've done it before, just can't now.

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:37:47 am »
Yeah, it's called "The Sacrifice" because there's supposed to be no chance for the survival of the person who jumps down to refill the generator.

Never tried it in singleplayer though.  I would imagine bots don't offer themselves up as a sacrifice often...

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »
Finally figured it out. I had to disabled the Tanks slightly to take them out of the equation. Before firing up the last generator I grabbed two gas cans and two propane tanks a threw them randomly  at the first corner before the bridge. Then after getting on the bridge wait until you see the first tank and shoot a propane tank exploding them all, then fire the machine gun at them as they approach the bridge. Then time your descent before they make it all the way up, jumping over them, fight off the hoard of common infected and start the generator.

Try it.