- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Thyme chicken and asparagus with mushroom and onion creamy white wine sauce  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
My gf and I had one of the worst fights we've ever had last week. We made up the same night, but the next day I really wanted to make it up to her. Of course, I got her flowers and did up the table all pretty with a white cloth, the flowers in a vase, and candles. I got a nice bottle of chardonnay to drink, and some small bottles to cook with. Then I made a reallly yummy meal:

2 chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 egg
fresh thyme
salt & pepper
olive oil
butter or margarine
garlic
about a cup of chopped mushrooms
about a cup of chopped red onions
white wine (I used chardonnay)
asparagus
heavy cream

First off, I took the flour, and seasoned it with some salt and pepper, and added some thyme (after removing the stems). I lightly dredged the chicken breasts in the flour mix, and put them in a pan to lightly brown on medium high with the oil and butter and after it melted.

Once I got the chicken to a nice light brown, I added three garlic cloves(pressed), the mushrooms, the red onions, and a cup and a half of the wine. I also added 3 or 4 full sprigs of the thyme to the pan, let it come to a simmer, and reduced the heat to medium low and covered the pan for about 20 minutes.

At this point, I removed the chicken and put it in another dish to keep it warm. I cooked the asparagus in the unfinished sauce from the chicken. This gave it reallly good flavor. Once they were bright green and tender, I took them out of the wine sauce reduction. To the sauce, I added 1/4 cup of the original seasoned flour thyme mix, and a half cup of the heavy cream, and kept it on low while I stirred. Once it thickened, it was ready! With the chicken and asparagus on the plate, I poured a generous amount of sauce on the chicken, and a little on the asparagus.  IT WAS BOMB!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:21:47 am by Hambone »

Offline Clip14

• Don't be scared.....I'm Canadian
  • BC Regular
  • Made my cat a helmet today
    • View Profile
You will make someone a good husband some day Hammy <3
It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at the big man crying!

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Planning on it already lol. Thanks!

Offline Abzstrak

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • The ßÇ Clan
sounds good man, stop making me hungry!
--Abzstrak

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Make it! AND EAT ITTTT!!!

Let me know if you guys try it. I'm gonna try with some spiral noodles and perhaps some panko bread crumbs next time.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Stop fighting with the one you love. Learn to communicate.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Precisely what we did. We communicate very well. The fight was about another family member. She said something pretty insensitive and I overreacted. Like I said, we both apologized and made up the same night. It was a short fight. They are part of every relationship.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Precisely what we did. We communicate very well. The fight was about another family member. She said something pretty insensitive and I overreacted. Like I said, we both apologized and made up the same night. It was a short fight. They are part of every relationship.

Short fight? Did you knock her out?
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
No. Hitting women isn't funny. Not even once.

It was short because we got the yelling out of the way and then talked through it. This thread is about the chicken and asparagus damnit!

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
No. Hitting women isn't funny. Not even once.

It was short because we got the yelling out of the way and then talked through it. This thread is about the chicken and asparagus damnit!

My wife slapped me with asparagus once.