- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Dissolve the clan, help us come up with the new clan!  (Read 11630 times)

Offline Knome

• The f-it-all guy
  • BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Dissolve the clan, help us come up with the new clan!
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:57 am »
Since it is utterly impossible for people to assemble anymore i have taken the liberty and putting this poll up to reach a decision because if its left to discussion in the other thread it will never happen.

So here are the terms that were discussed in the other thread along with a few additions i think should be added. This is not a definitive plan, this is a baseline that we can work off of. The poll will be live for 5 days, if we agree to it the clan will disband two weeks after that. All provisions that have been agreed to by then will be the new rules and go into effect immediately. The discussion period will be over and any new rules will have to be put up and agreed upon by the new process that we will vote on.

Here are the basic terms that can be expounded upon:

For clan members:
  • BC clan members including retired will become BC Preferred
  • BC Preferred will have their own private forum that will theirs alone,
  • BC Preferred can invite other members into the group. There are no tests, regulations or requirements for it. (A system will be devised)
  • BC Preferred members have admin powers on all BC servers and assets.
  • BC Preferred is essentially a clan run by popular vote. Members can wear tags if they wish.
  • Preferred members get BC Email accounts and all perks that were afforded to them from the clan previously.
Council and Management:
  • Both council and management are dissolved
  • Council members become BC Elite - they are super admins and manage all aspects of clan resources. Users can be added upon agreement of the other
A New group will be created called BC Admin:
  • These are members who have the ability to admin Game servers only. (We may not need this right now)
Other Miscellaneous features:
  • The By-Laws and all clan related material will be archived so that it can reactivated if need be.
  • The Site will rebranded as "The BC"
  • Server rules for ts,forums,game servers will stay the same or may be loosened. (to be decided latter)
Rules regarding operations:
  • Everything will be decided via popular vote by the whole of the site.
  • There will be a strict 5 day poll that goes up for every topic. These topics are in regards to preferred membership, perma bans of site members.
  • A poll topic must be endorsed by a BC Preferred member and posted by said member. That does not mean it must originate from said member.
  • BC Elite is given the ability to override any poll via a internal vote from them. Their objective in this regard is to stop the insanity.
  • Bans of shorter than 10 days do not have to be discussed but can be vetoed if requested by majority vote from BC Preferred.
Transparency in this will be key, so will be tolerance and a refusal to over regulate things.

If this poll does not go through because people do not agree on some aspect i will change that aspect based on popular opinion and a new poll will be posted for 3 days. During the two week wait between the finalization of this poll and the dissolution of the clan specifics will be hashed out via other polls all decided via popular vote.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:12:12 am by Knome »

Offline Mini-Me

• BC Regular
  • ₪ ø lll ·o.
    • View Profile
Re: Dissolve the clan, help us come up with the new clan!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:12:06 am »
I guess it's better off this way.

Offline Knome

• The f-it-all guy
  • BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:14:35 am »
My only reasoning is this.

Based off our current, **** huge rules and regulations would you as a member be willing to run through the hoops that have been created through years of bitching by people who are not here anymore?

Also based off our current, **** huge rules and regulations would you as an outside user wish to be a part of a community that is so stagnant and tied down by the trash of the past?

Offline DoMiNo

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:23:16 am »
wait for new gaems bf3 mw3

^0[BC]^6Snowisfun: TITS
^0[BC]^2DoMiNo: big ones?
^0[BC]^6Snowisfun: huge

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:35:44 am »
So, hierarchy could =

BC Mod
      BC Admin
             BC Regular  (after "x" number of posts as a Newcomer)
                    BC Newcomer

Offline DoMiNo

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:36:47 am »
gotta remember alot of people couldnt get on the forums for 7-8 months.

^0[BC]^6Snowisfun: TITS
^0[BC]^2DoMiNo: big ones?
^0[BC]^6Snowisfun: huge

Offline Gauntlet

• BC Regular
  • "I is a college studient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:26:56 am »
I truthfully stopped caring about the Clan in general a long time ago. I only stay because, some people here I actually like to spend time with.
Rule 1: You are playing The Game.
Rule 2: Every time you think about The Game, you lose.
Rule 3: Loss of The Game must be announced.
"<enkei> this is why computer simulations exist
<enkei> no sane person would stick his dick in a wind tunnel"

Offline Caboose

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Thread Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 01:46:53 am »
That's a good structure Hambone, but what about this setup?

* BC Admin (Anyone with IT)
* BC Preferred (previous BC members who will have forum mod and server mod)
* BC Mod (enough respect from the community to become a server and or forum moderator of a specific board by being voted in by BC Preferred members)
* BC Regular  (after "x" number of good posts as a Newcomer)
* BC Newcomer (new person obviously)

Note: The reason mod is below preferred would be so we don't overflow the BC Preferred group. Also this would be a way to tell if someone has enough respect and maturity to become a BC Preferred member. The user can request to be a BC Preferred member after several months. This would obviously be up to vote by current preferred members.

Also... as I mentioned in TS earlier... people with moderator should not be immature and should act like adults. I understand you all thought that was funny coming from me and didn't take me seriously. Hell I know a couple of people here in the clan that don't like me but truthfully I don't care. If you want to cut down on the drama remove those who abuse admin and are total pricks about it. None of this "oh don't do it again stuff" especially when dealing with pedo or racist remarks. If you want to have a successful community, weed out the assholes. The only reason I've stuck around this long is that there are some good people in the clan / community. Case and point, the modified setup I've listed above should be good as a basic set-up. More can be voted on if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:23:19 am by Caboose »

Offline XCouga

• Death to Autotune!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • SocalTechEnt
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:29:18 am »
Honestly I think most of that is unnecessary if it's going to dissolve into a gaming community.  As Hambone structured, sort of, it should be Leaders > Admins > Members with open invitation to join.  Just keep it simple.
ုKelly087: in wow i am in a guild called Pink Fuzzy Death Bunnies

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 01:21:13 pm »
I agree with knome for the most part except giving all preferred members moderator privileges. Too many moderators will result into too many interpretations of certain rules that we did decide to keep such as racism, spamming, harassment, or illegal discussions.
What we're trying to do is stop people from getting butthurt over petty jabs and stupid jokes, if every member on the current roster gets moderator, I can guarantee that a whole bunch of people are going to start screaming harassment over every little argument, threads will start getting moved around and posts will be deleted for random reasons.
Current management members who were given moderator privileges went through a long ass promotion system, they understand the value of privileges given to them and not to abuse or even over use it. Same goes for teamspeak admins.
If a preferred member shows interest in the community and would like to become a moderator, then the existing moderators should be able to vote them into getting moderator privileges based upon their profile.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:24:39 pm by FlaƧh »
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »
I see where you're going with that, Flash, but:

1. I don't think it means everyone gets forum/TS mod/admin, just server admin.

2. Which means nothing changes, in terms of powers, lol. Practically every still active member here has admin due to almost all being Sergeant/Retired or above, and if they're not high enough rank for it, like Couga or Kelly, I don't think they've shown any reason not to be trusted with it. What we need to do is go through the roster, take off all the people who aren't active here any more(the ones with ranks, that is, such as guys like Deathshadow, Darkblade, etc), and just stick with the ones who still play/post here, which would lessen the roster quite a bit.

Edit: I just now saw where it says admin in "all assets", and not just serves. Yes, that to me sounds a little excessive.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:39:29 pm by Scooby »

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 01:42:46 pm »
For clan members:
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:16 pm »
For clan members:

Pshh, way ahead of you with my edit.  :wink:

But yeah, like I said, all assets is a little excessive. I think stay with server only for non-management, then TS and Forums for management.

Offline Caboose

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Thread Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 01:58:57 pm »
What we're trying to do is stop people from getting butthurt over petty jabs and stupid jokes, if every member on the current roster gets moderator, I can guarantee that a whole bunch of people are going to start screaming harassment over every little argument, threads will start getting moved around and posts will be deleted for random reasons.
Current management members who were given moderator privileges went through a long ass promotion system, they understand the value of privileges given to them and not to abuse or even over use it. Same goes for teamspeak admins.
If a preferred member shows interest in the community and would like to become a moderator, then the existing moderators should be able to vote them into getting moderator privileges based upon their profile.

Which means by Flash's viewpoint I'd never get to be a moderator or ever be given a chance to become one. And think about it this way... don't be a prick and drama won't happen.

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 02:36:05 pm »
Which means by Flash's viewpoint I'd never get to be a moderator or ever be given a chance to become one. And think about it this way... don't be a prick and drama won't happen.

Your attempts at trolling are futile. :superlol:

Stop being a baby because your IT got taken away on teamspeak.

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »
Maybe if this type of arguing and childish back and forth keeps up, we need to demote all of management and have a poll deciding who should keep it and who shouldn't.

Offline Caboose

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Thread Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:18 pm »

Your attempts at trolling are futile. :superlol:

Stop being a baby because your IT got taken away on teamspeak.

When TS breaks don't come crying to me. Speaking of which some channels are still broken and if we were to rebuild the site as a community, I would have to go back and edit permissions for the new format. Now considering I was the one that set them up in the first place, I would be the one to change them to the new format. Second I'm not trolling, I'm speaking the truth. I'm pretty sure you'd be annoyed if you got your permissions on TS taken away and on the forums.

Maybe  if this type of arguing and childish back and forth keeps up, we need  to demote all of management and have a poll deciding who should keep it  and who shouldn't.

Agreed but then again since management is buddy buddy with each other, the same people will get power which just starts the drama again. We need a clean slate whether they like to hear it or not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:40:46 pm by Caboose »

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
I'm going to wait until the last day to vote, and add my recommendations then.  I see a lot of good ideas popping up. So everyone weigh in if you have any thoughts on the subject.

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »
Just to make something clear regarding my last post, that wasn't intended directly towards Flash, but towards all of management, because I think it's clear that it hasn't been ran as well as any clan member would have liked it to be, as everyone here seems to have been involved in some sort of stupid scuffle that could have been avoided. I feel, if we're going to start new like this, might as well start with management the majority agrees on, to try and avoid stupid arguments/have something more stable in place to prevent them.

Offline Knome

• The f-it-all guy
  • BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »
I think i may have forgot to mention.  You can change your vote at any time.Just click remove vote from the poll above.