- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Needs more switches...  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Monkeypox

• Padman Buddy (Knack 1/pbc)
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Needs more switches...
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Took 4:30 minutes to actually take off.. good thing it wasn't an emergency...

Thanks, Drizz!
[21:53:11] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: How can you say no to teh sex?
[22:39:59] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO TEH SEX, MUST I REPEAT MYSELF?

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Needs more switches...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »
If it would have been me I would have crashed right after take off.  I like games like that.  :biggrin:   I just added it to my wishlist on Steam :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:22:51 pm by ATL »

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:39:02 am »
So you're telling me you actually have to know what every one of those switches controls to be able to play the game? wtf?

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:35:01 am »
It's called Digital Combat Simulator.  Have you ever played a flight simulator?

Wouldn't be much of a simulation if you didn't need to know what the buttons did...

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 11:25:01 am »

Wouldn't be much of a simulation if you didn't need to know what the buttons did...

Yes, but I would hope that it would help you learn them before throwing you in to it and expecting you to know what each one does.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 11:37:51 am »
They come with instructions. I had an acquaintance in the service who took a diagonal cutter and got in a Huey UH1 and cut every single one of the wires in 1967. We never heard from him again.

Estimation then at $100,000 in damage.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:41:41 am by Infantryman »
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:02:23 pm »

Yes, but I would hope that it would help you learn them before throwing you in to it and expecting you to know what each one does.

Where's the fun in that?

Seriously though, have you ever purchased a computer game or program that didn't come with instructions?

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

A lot of people find simulators boring.  For me I enjoy the realism it provides.  No one would expect you to be able to walk out to a real combat aircraft, climb in and go flying.  However there are simulators on the market today that you could in fact become familiar enough with the actual aircraft to do just that, climb in and go flying.  Well not really but it makes it fun to think you could. :)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 01:21:47 pm »
I used to play with FA/18 Hornet for months. I was never able to figure out how to play online so the thrill died for me. My buddy became quite proficient online and it was boring to him. I still have it loaded but the mouse is to sensitive but I found the joystick to be perfect.

I could never compete with others if i were to play because basic avoidance manuevers are impossible for a quadriplegic who can't use multiple fingers at the same time.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Monkeypox

• Padman Buddy (Knack 1/pbc)
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »
I used to have F/A 18 too.. It was fun to just fly around - never did the online thing though. I do have a joystick... I wonder if it still works...
Thanks, Drizz!
[21:53:11] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: How can you say no to teh sex?
[22:39:59] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO TEH SEX, MUST I REPEAT MYSELF?