- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Does anyone play League of Legends?  (Read 878 times)

Offline Evan

• BC Regular
  • I'm the one you love to hate.
    • View Profile
Does anyone play League of Legends?
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:01 pm »
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

League of Legends (often abbreviated as LoL) is a video game inspired by the Defense of the Ancients (DotA) map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne[2] developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows.

Players are formed into 2 even teams with 1–5 Champion(s) on each team.  Each team starts at opposing sides of a map in an area called the  "fountain", near what is called a "Nexus". A match is won when either  the opposing team's Nexus is destroyed or the other team surrenders. To  destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of towers called  "Turrets". Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred  to as a "Lane". Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the  opposing team's champions and "Minions" (small NPCs that constantly  spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters (some of  which grant buffs known as crests upon death). Killing enemies allows  champions to purchase "Items" with in-match gold to improve their  statistics. In League of Legends, each player starts at level 1 at the  beginning of the match and can obtain the maximum of level 18 with their  champion, leveling 4 different champion-specific abilities.

That's just a little snippet from Wikipedia.  I've been playing for about 5 months or so and was playing with a group of dudes before, but they have different interests and don't play as much anymore.  They are usually updating the game every 2 weeks or so with a new champion and do a weekly champion rotation each week to mix things up.

So if you're into trying a new game, dare i mention free, too, then feel free to add me (emetalce) in game so we can play.

Offline Mini-Me

• BC Regular
  • ₪ ø lll ·o.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone play League of Legends?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »
i've only played 5 games, i get on with my friend sometimes, but not much. its okay.

Offline Caboose

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Thread Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:55:16 pm »
I play both HoN and LoL. HoN is better.

Offline Evan

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:31:21 am »
:(, I could never get into HoN as I did LoL.

Offline Burnout

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »
Ya I played LoL for awhile but then I got a new comp and for some reason I can't download it, I played HoN as well and I think LoL is better.

Offline Evan

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »
That sucks dude, hopefully you can find a fix or something.  Would be nice to play with you again.