- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Steam Account.  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Steam Account.
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:32:15 pm »
Interestesting thing today. I couldn't loginto Steam on my Mac. I changed the password through their support feature about three times, can log in to complain to support under my accounts, but can't log in to game. I turn to the Windows side of my Mac and logged in no problem. Go figger.

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Account.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:55:34 am »
Interestesting thing today. I couldn't loginto Steam on my Mac. I changed the password through their support feature about three times, can log in to complain to support under my accounts, but can't log in to game. I turn to the Windows side of my Mac and logged in no problem. Go figger.

they have this new feature that makes you "authorize other computers", so for example, a while ago, I gave pinkie my account info and she logged in and was messing around with some of my games to see if she was interested in getting them, but now, instead of just needing to give her my info, I also have request access from a different PC, and then I'd need to give her that code to allow it... it might be viewing your WIN7 and MAC as seperate PCs, and you might need to do that. When you try and log onto your steam account on your MAC, it should prompt, and then subsequently send you an email saying "your account was attempted to be logged in at a different PC. Would you like to authorize it?" or somethign like that and it will have a code... check into that, it sounds like the culprit IMO.

|Random|
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:28:14 am »
No, it just says your new password was accepted, please log in then sends me back into the cycle. And don't give anyone your passwords.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:39 am »
I heard on the radio today that Steam was recently hacked around the same time as Sony, and they shut down the network until they got things straightened out.  It may have to do with that.  I haven't tried playing a Steam game to know whether it works for me or not though.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:05:05 am »
I heard on the radio today that Steam was recently hacked around the same time as Sony, and they shut down the network until they got things straightened out.  It may have to do with that.  I haven't tried playing a Steam game to know whether it works for me or not though.
It works on Windows but not my Mac

Offline Monkeypox

• Padman Buddy (Knack 1/pbc)
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 05:54:32 am »
Make sure you're not logged in on your windows computer... It won't let you log in on more than one system, and I've found that the Mac client won't tell you, it'll just keep asking for your password.
Thanks, Drizz!
[21:53:11] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: How can you say no to teh sex?
[22:39:59] *chan* MG_PK [ec,IA,PRB]©: HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO TEH SEX, MUST I REPEAT MYSELF?

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:28 am »
Make sure you're not logged in on your windows computer... It won't let you log in on more than one system, and I've found that the Mac client won't tell you, it'll just keep asking for your password.
Its the same computer and I can't run both operating systems at the same time. When I went to the Windows side I had to log in so I know I was logged out.