- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: My Sonnet  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
My Sonnet
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:20:25 pm »
I had to make one about love for my English class. We're learning about Shakespeare. Yay..

Oh well, here we go..
How can I be attracted to you so?
You are so daring when you fight with me.
If action keeps your courage from a low,
Then I come to see that I tend to flee.
Your passion helps you get through thick and thin,
But you hurt others with your mental game.
I thought that hurting others was a sin,
And maybe it was I that you took aim.
We are like one person when I take hold.
I feel you against my hands; I smile.
You know when I pick you up, you are sold.
This only happens once in a while.
Your graphics are so pretty on my screen.
It is just a game. I am not so mean.

It's meh. Basically if you don't know what a sonnet is, it follows a certain rhythm called iambic pentameter. There's 10 syllables per line, 5 unstressed, 5 stressed. In the first 8 lines you have to ask a question or bring up a situation. (So mine is asking why I'm so attracted to the game, and I go on saying all the bad things about it). Lines 9-12 is where a shift/turn in thought happens. (This is when I start saying we're like one person). The last 2 lines are the final answer. (Which is that I'm talking about my love for games.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:24:19 pm by Pinkie »

Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Sportin' the old sig by Hambone :D

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: My Sonnet
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »
This is my favorite sonnet

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:03 pm »
lmao

Anyways, here's my picture for it. I put it in Halo text.

Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Offline Adi

• Shoutbox insominiac
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Chris "Short Boat" Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:05 am »
our teachers must think we're crazy..you writing a sonnet about Halo..(games) I used my L4D poems for an assignment at school as well..lol..hope you won't have to read yours in front of the class like I did though..thought for sure i was gonna faint.. :nailbitter:
Just trying to survive

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:48 pm »
Omg, yours were epic though, Adi! haha anyone who plays L4D would have LOVED your poems. :P But no, we didn't have to read them. THANK GOD.

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:06 am »
Both l4d and halo are popular, people can easily relate to it. Well done pinkster
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 01:02:52 am »
But...but....reading them in class builds CONFIDENCEEEEE!!!!

Great job PINKINATOR!!!  It was orsuuummmm!!!

We had to memorize some Romeo and Juliet lines in sophomore year once for an easy 5 point assignment over 2 days. Super easy right? Well, our English teacher said she'd award extra credit if you "deserved it and put forth extra effort" leaving that term kinda loose.

So a friend and I each picked out the parts we liked (they had to have a good amount of lines for your person) I picked out the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1,  memorizing Mercucio's lines, and I dont remember what he picked out. But we each memorized our own lines, and then the supporting lines for the other persons scene.  We came the next day in simple costumes, I think a hat with a feather and maybe a plastic sword, and we each helped the other to perform our acts.  It was really fun. We even did old english accents. 

Our 5 point assignment turned into 30 points extra credit. :D

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »
bahahaha nicee! But no one had to read theirs. It was just a simple project we get every unit and turn in. xD

I played a couple parts in Macbeth, which I wouldn't normally do, but I picked small parts. haha :P

Offline Adi

• Shoutbox insominiac
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Chris "Short Boat" Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 10:12:37 am »
Thanks...about the L4D stuff..and honestly, I'm bummed in Lit that there is no writing. We finished fiction, and are on poetry now and we don't have to write anything..kinda sucks honestly.

And wow Hammy..there is absolutely nothing about your story whatsoever that surprises me. :biggrin: lol..I'm just sorry I didn't get to be there to actually see it  :sadface:
Just trying to survive

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 03:06:01 pm »
I wish my lit classes hadn't made me write lol
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..