- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Maximum Ride  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Maximum Ride
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:20:56 am »
Has anyone read these. I realized after reading a bit of it that it was a young peoples book, but grandpa was already hooked. It'll be coming out in movie format.

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:34:16 am »
I think my friend read this last year. I just looked up the summary of the book and saw "the Erasers" and was like, HEY! I REMEMBER THAT FROM SOMEWHERE! haha

Sounds interesting though. o.O
Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Sportin' the old sig by Hambone :D

Offline Adi

• Shoutbox insominiac
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Chris "Short Boat" Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »
Funny I was just telling my son about this series yesterday. These books are written by one of 5 or 6 authors I've been reading for the past 20 some-odd years. I haven't actually read the Maximum ride series, but rather the 2 books preceding that series, When the Wind Blows, and the Lake House, also written by James Patterson and the inspiration for the Maximum Ride series itself. The two I read were written on an adult level and focused more on the characters and the ideology behind how they came to be and the controversy and consequence of genetic engineering. I loved those books. The maximum ride series was based on those books and their characters, but written for a teen audience. Personally, After reading dozens of Patterson's books, it would seem to me that he has re-geared his writing towards the specific goal of landing anything that could get him a book-to-movie deal. He has already had a few of his books made into movies, and is leaning more towards scifi and fantasy more than his standard line of suspense/fiction. If you like his writing style and this type of story, you might want to pick up Witch and Wizard..another new storyline that it would seem he is intending on making a series out of. It was very intertaining, even though it wasn't my usual type of reading material. I think you all would rly like it  :biggrin:
Just trying to survive

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:11 pm »
NOT HAPPY!  :madtongue: I'll tell you the ending. THERE IS NO ENDING! I got to the end of the first book of SEVEN and it tells you to search the internet for clues? So at ten bucks a book I'm supposed to buy six more to find out they are saving the earth from global warming?  He just ruined it for me. In every book there should at least have a synopsis of sorts so if you don't want to read six more books, you don't have to.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”