- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Damned Joystick!  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Damned Joystick!
« on: November 20, 2010, 08:26:37 pm »
Most of the time, in Halo my character takes off running to the right once I move the joystick and won't be stooped. I'm using a Microsoft Keyboard, an Attack III joystick and an MX-518 Logitech mouse and SETPOINT.

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Damned Joystick!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:16:02 pm »
It seems like I found a place to calibrate center before, now II can't find it. The last time it took off left instead of right. Also I notice I have three or four separate mice installed. Will this matter? I started to remove one but it warned I might not be able to use the computer if I removed it.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Damned Joystick!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:57 pm »
With my old G5 I use to have issues with setpoint and halo.  It would sometimes drop what I had programed and revert to default settings.  So I'd just disable setpoint while playing halo. 

You can right click on your controller and select game controller settings to calibrate it.

With any USB mouse on windows you can delete it with no problem.  All you have to do is unplug it and plug it back in and windows will recognize it and reinstall the correct drivers, without having to restart your computer.  Even still you can navigate around windows without a mouse.

Hope this helps.