- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Who wants an ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Who wants an ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard?
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:13:58 pm »
It still has a year warranty on the board, you get to RMA it if it doesn't work, I have no way of knowing if its broken or if I am retarded.  See Please Help thread for reference.  Its freshly RMA'd, and you can feel free to RMA it all you like.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299

First 50 buck  donation gets it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:59:30 pm by Snowisfun »

Offline Caboose

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Thread Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Who wants an ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »
Does want. :D

Edit: I though you were giving it for free. Broke this month.  :sadface:

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:43:55 am »
Well send it to me then since I made the 1st $50 donation :biggrin:
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:07:33 am »
Are you including the original receipt AND the original packaging or proof of purchase from the original box?  In other words, are you including all the required items for collecting on the warranty?

And, is the warranty transferable to a third party?

$50 is a lot more than people have to gamble with in this economy, especially when you factor in the cost of getting the motherboard shipped to them from you, and then again shipping it to and from the manufacturer.  If it ends up that way, the $50 motherboard could easily become an $80-100 motherboard.

If it's supposed to be so easy to RMA, why haven't you RMA'd it yourself?  Then you could sell it in 100% working condition for an even larger donation amount.  Seems like it would be a great deal safer for the buyer, and more beneficial to the clan as well.

I realize that you're not the one receiving the money personally, and I'm not trying to insinuate that you're trying to scam anyone or anything like that.  I also realize that a $50 donation is not money "wasted" (as long as the buyer has enough spare income not to receive any actual goods for that kind of dough).  I hope everyone understands that I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying it, I just want any potential buyers to realize the reality of the situation they may be getting into.  BC has a lot of members who are young, and it's very likely that they would not ask about the necessary warranty materials, nor have the money to deal with the very probable extra costs that may be involved just to get it working.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 01:15:46 am »
Are you including the original receipt AND the original packaging or proof of purchase from the original box?  In other words, are you including all the required items for collecting on the warranty?

And, is the warranty transferable to a third party?

$50 is a lot more than people have to gamble with in this economy, especially when you factor in the cost of getting the motherboard shipped to them from you, and then again shipping it to and from the manufacturer.  If it ends up that way, the $50 motherboard could easily become an $80-100 motherboard.

If it's supposed to be so easy to RMA, why haven't you RMA'd it yourself?  Then you could sell it in 100% working condition for an even larger donation amount.  Seems like it would be a great deal safer for the buyer, and more beneficial to the clan as well.

I realize that you're not the one receiving the money personally, and I'm not trying to insinuate that you're trying to scam anyone or anything like that.  I also realize that a $50 donation is not money "wasted" (as long as the buyer has enough spare income not to receive any actual goods for that kind of dough).  I hope everyone understands that I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying it, I just want any potential buyers to realize the reality of the situation they may be getting into.  BC has a lot of members who are young, and it's very likely that they would not ask about the necessary warranty materials, nor have the money to deal with the very probable extra costs that may be involved just to get it working.
:superlol: Drizz. Love it.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Drizz

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 03:45:16 am »
You know me, always looking out for the little guy, lol

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:20:02 am »
You know me, always looking out for the little guy, lol
Yeh, but I think the object of the post was to inspire some to give to the clan, not buy his computer. It was kind of an inspiration as he had actually offered it for free before

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 05:04:12 pm »
It's from newegg I'll provide all
Info you need to rma it if you have to.  This is the third board I've gotten from Asus.  I'm done with it.  I'll send you the newegg receipt if you want.

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 05:06:09 pm »
I'll pay shipping to you.