- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Amazing photos  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Amazing photos
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Kirby

• Mrs. Abzstrak
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing photos
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »
Wow! Those are really amazing. To see old photos in color like that really changes the experience.

When I was cleaning out my grandmother's apartment I found hundreds of photos, some from 1860, most from 1900-1920 (she was born in 1918) and they were in amazing condition, but still not in color.
Bite me

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »
Never knew they had lenses like that either
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Adi

• Shoutbox insominiac
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Chris "Short Boat" Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 08:40:22 pm »
rly bizarre to view those in color..seems almost awkward in a sense..as though it isn't right. but they did an amazing job..just made me feel like something was off kilter..i took a few of my neighbors old photos and did the same for her..colorized them to bring them more to life..it was a lot of work and a very lengthy process to say the least..I wonder if he used a special program, or if he did it all by hand?
Just trying to survive

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »
rly bizarre to view those in color..seems almost awkward in a sense..as though it isn't right. but they did an amazing job..just made me feel like something was off kilter..i took a few of my neighbors old photos and did the same for her..colorized them to bring them more to life..it was a lot of work and a very lengthy process to say the least..I wonder if he used a special program, or if he did it all by hand?
It tells about it at the top.... He used a specialized camera to capture three black and white images in fairly quick succession, using red, green and blue filters, allowing them to later be recombined and projected with filtered lanterns to show near true color images. The high quality of the images, combined with the bright colors, make it difficult for viewers to believe that they are looking 100 years back in time - when these photographs were taken, neither the Russian Revolution nor World War I had yet begun.

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:18:19 am »
Very cool, amazing find as always old man.
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Offline 1nfern0

• Drama Queen
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:26:45 am »
That is stunning. The technology behind how he did that 100 years ago is incredible.

I don't know why, but always having the b/w old photographs just make the past seem blander. Seeing it in color really helps bring the past to life.

Offline Rocky

• Run Forest!!!! Ruuuuunnn!!!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • United we stand, divided we fall
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thebcclan.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 07:04:34 am »
Enjoyed the pictures sir!

Many thanks!

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 12:46:11 pm »
Truly amazing!  The other day while reading Infantry's story about farming, and some of the black and white photo's he showed.  Reminded me of many of the pictures of my dad growing up on a farm.  I remember not many years ago, I saw a antique John Deere tractor, and said to my dad, look they painted that old tractor to look like a John Deere and he said they have always look that way.  Duh!  I always assumed old tractors were black or something being I'd had only seen them in black and white pictures.  Strange how color brings things to life.  I found this video for those that don't know tractors.  It's a good American story.