- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: An amazing book  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
An amazing book
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »
Want a first hand look at Islam? I just finished this.  Its a truly amazing book and will change your perspective on some world issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Infidel-Ayaan-Hirsi-Ali/dp/0743289684
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline ChristieANITY

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • I kill you!
    • View Profile
Re: An amazing book
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:46:15 pm »
I read this book about a year ago and recently finished her newest one Nomad.  She is a strong, determined and intelligent woman. 

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »
I read this book about a year ago and recently finished her newest one Nomad.  She is a strong, determined and intelligent woman.
Are her books rehashes of previous books or would I be let down after reading "Infidel?"

Every woman should read this book to find the strength within you and every man should read this book to understand a woman's strength.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline ChristieANITY

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • I kill you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:41:54 pm »
Infidel is an amazing account of her life where as Nomad is more of a discussion about society and Islam.  I loved Infidel.  Nomad was a good read if you are interested in the topic but in no way is it comparable to Infidel. 

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:59:57 pm »
Infidel is an amazing account of her life where as Nomad is more of a discussion about society and Islam.  I loved Infidel.  Nomad was a good read if you are interested in the topic but in no way is it comparable to Infidel.
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll pass on Nomad in that case and finish Noam Chomsky.  Any conservative out there with a good right wing book to read.