- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Trip across the U.S.  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Trip across the U.S.
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »
I guess I should have posted my travel videos here. I guess it's not to late.  This is the first leg of the trip which I omitted in the first post. This starts not to far from Hambone's college town.

Minnesota or Bust

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Trip across the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:11 pm »
This is video 2

Minnesota or Bust - 2
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »
Here is video 3

*Edit* Fixed

Minnesota or Bust - 3
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:21:21 am by Hambone »

Offline Hambone

• I'll remove my shirt AND BLIND YOU ALL!!
  • BC Regular
  • Baseball is the greatest thing on Earth...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 02:35:52 am »
You skipped Reno in your videos. :|  It's my home town, not just my college town.  The mountain pass you came through before though is a drive I love taking.  I've driven through the mountains there more times than I can remember.

The murals in video 3 were pretty neat. I really like building murals. Any back story?  Reno has a mural on a huge old water tank on the side of a hill that you can see from our busiest boulevard.  I've never seen anyone try to remove or paint over it because it is so awesome. It has an American flag and the Statue of Liberty on it, and I love driving by it.

And where was the 2 foot deep pond/lake?  It was beautiful, and I bet there was good fishing there.  Did you catch much on your whole trip?

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 02:27:18 pm »
The murals in video 3 were pretty neat. I really like building murals. Any back story?

Good Thunder, MN where the Murals were, and was named after a Dakota Sioux indian named Chief Good Thunder A man was hired to paint these photos depicting early pioneer life, wildlife and agriculture. It took him one summer.

And where was the 2 foot deep pond/lake?  It was beautiful, and I bet there was good fishing there.  Did you catch much on your whole trip?

That's near where I gre up in southern Minnesota. There was good fishing there last year, however this year there was a huge fish kill due to lots of snow on top of the ice. Sunlight couldn't get through to provide photosynthesis  to the algae to make oxygen. All the lakes were ruined. I caught 1 8 inch bass the whole time I was home.

Offline ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:42:48 am »
Very nice video's.  Brought back some very fond memories of a trip my dad and I made, in the same part of the country, several years ago. Thanks for sharing. :)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:31:39 pm »
My traveling buddy narrates the entire tape.  I love his mispronunciations. :laugh: Arbitorium instead of arboretum, and several others.  This next segment is Mpls.

Gauntlet reads everything I write and clicks on every link I create, don't let him fool you.

Minnesota or Bust 4

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:29 am »
Got Another one.  This takes you through the Badlands, then skips to Yellowstone.  I put another video camera in use here and found the Grizzly Beat shot.  It's very jumpy as the Ranger wanted to keep us moving. Read the caption below the video on YoutTube.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:23:55 am by Infantryman »

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:50 am »
Do you know what beetle kill is Infantry?

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 01:25:49 am »
Do you know what beetle kill is Infantry?

Not until now, but why do you ask grasshopper?

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:51:20 am »
Because I was wondering if you saw many trees affected by the beetles in Yellowstone. The beetle kill is pretty bad near Butte and Helena.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:48 am »
Because I was wondering if you saw many trees affected by the beetles in Yellowstone. The beetle kill is pretty bad near Butte and Helena.
No, they had a huge burn in Yellowstone a few years back and decided not to put it out, let nature take its course. And since when did butte get trees? It's always been the ugliest god damned place on earth that only people who live in. :biggrin: Now did you like the grizzly?

Offline Hambone

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 12:49:29 am »
You're crazy, old man.  Butte is pretty, it's at the foot of a friggin mountain.  The PITS are ugly as shit, yes. But the rest is an awesome small city. I'm talking about the trees on the mountain and in that whole area, following the highway towards Helena, as well as in the opposite direction.