- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Concert Last Night  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Concert Last Night
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:38:04 pm »
I mentioned a while back that a good friend named Norton Buffalo died at age 58 of lung and brain cancer.  It so happened he'd never smoked.  He was a tremendous musician (harmonica) and was not the best at what he did, he was so talented, he was the only one who did what he did.

Buffalo, was a renowned harmonica player, singer, songwriter, actor and record producer. A Northern California native, Buffalo established himself in the San Francisco Bay Area in the early 1970s. During his extensive career, he performed on 180 albums with a number of high-profile artists, including Bonnie Raitt, Mickey Hart and Merl Saunders. Buffalo also played harmonica on The Doobie Brothers' Grammy award-winning album "Minute By Minute." He also played with Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen.

Buffalo recorded his own music in addition to being an in-demand session player. He was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1992 for a song from his 1991 album with guitarist Roy Rogers.I went to his benefit memorial last night and videod the opening number.  It just got better after that with one after another excellent musicians getting up and jamming.

Norton toured with Steve Miller and allways got mne backstage to have dinner with the band and excellent seats.

This file takes a while to download before playing.

I'm uploading a wmv version too.

While I was there, this girl started rubbing my shoulders.  So I decided to be nice and let her have her photo taken with me since my wife wasn't around.  :yay:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:46:25 pm by Infantryman »

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Online ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Last Night
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:36:15 pm »
You sly old fox you.

03Jess15

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »
You've always just had a way with women...

Offline TeXaS

• °Sous Chef - Josh°
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • ¤ Gê† §ðmê ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »
Niece, huh?

Offline Rocky

• Run Forest!!!! Ruuuuunnn!!!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • United we stand, divided we fall
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thebcclan.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:02:32 pm »

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:18:31 am »
Niece, huh?
My nieces won't come near me.  LOL :blah: Actually a total stranger. Her date was ten years older than I but was wearing Armani. He said, "What are you doing with my girlfriend." I said, "I'm her doctor."
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”