- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Itunes 9  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Itunes 9
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:22:58 pm »
Loving it.  Has network sync of all your tunes between computers on your network. This always bugged me because i buy tunes on three different computers.  Click a button called "Home Sharing," -select "not on my Mac" and it gathers info from all computers of songs you own and then allows  you to import them to your library.

Clearly the greatest single event on earth to happen since Ghostly was born
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:26:08 pm by Infantryman »

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Itunes 9
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:23:33 pm »
and it breaks the palm pres ability to sync lawl

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 02:03:08 pm »
Which you don't need in the first place lawl.
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Offline Abzstrak

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • The ßÇ Clan
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 02:52:54 pm »
make a linux version apple........  damn you

for now I'll stick to Amarok except when installing an update on my ipod.
--Abzstrak

Offline Ghostly Knight

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:03 pm »
The only reason I use itunes is to update my ipod with podcasts. its just much easier to get them that way then by downloading them manually.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:35 pm »
and it breaks the palm pres ability to sync lawl
What's a palm pres?
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Ghostly Knight

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38:36 pm »
Its a new smart phone by sprint.

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 04:21:03 pm »
and palm will figure out a way around it once again just to piss apple and apple lovers off, even tho i'd never let itunes ever touch my phone
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 04:29:34 pm »
,,,,even tho i'd never let itunes ever touch my phone
Seems pretty important to Palm. Do they make a Palm in a rosey color?

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 04:37:53 pm »
no, but that's the ugliest idea ever
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:30 pm »
and palm will figure out a way around it once again just to piss apple and apple lovers off, even tho i'd never let itunes ever touch my phone
LOL its cause pre is to lazy to make there own desktop sync client, or the fact that the realize the can't make one anywhere near as effective as the way iTunes works with the iPhone.  It doesn't piss off apple users at all, a lot of pre users use iTunes to sync since as said there is no desktop client that pre has developed, they are all third party.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:02:16 pm »
no, but that's the ugliest idea ever
Flash = rosy palm  :yay:

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 05:06:02 pm »
LOL its cause pre is to lazy to make there own desktop sync client, or the fact that the realize the can't make one anywhere near as effective as the way iTunes works with the iPhone.  It doesn't piss off apple users at all, a lot of pre users use iTunes to sync since as said there is no desktop client that pre has developed, they are all third party.

LMAO...palm had a desktop client way before ipods or itunes ever existed and its still used by treos, pre has WEB os which doesn't need a desktop client(hence WEB). Too many people are accustomed to using itunes, palm found an easy way to let pre use the program.

If I ever need to restore my phone, all I need to do afterward is put in my palm or google login and it brings back all my contacts and apps automatically, while music could be synced through media player, or simple copy/paste....no need for additional software.

Offline Ghostly Knight

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 05:10:32 pm »
Clearly the greatest single event on earth to happen since Ghostly was born
You are correct sir.

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »

LMAO...palm had a desktop client way before ipods or itunes ever existed and its still used by treos, pre has WEB os which doesn't need a desktop client(hence WEB). Too many people are accustomed to using itunes, palm found an easy way to let pre use the program.

If I ever need to restore my phone, all I need to do afterward is put in my palm or google login and it brings back all my contacts and apps automatically, while music could be synced through media player, or simple copy/paste....no need for additional software.
WEB based is not desktop based  :unamused2: I can just plugin my iPhone if I need to restore it and it will restore EVERYTHING, kinda like time machine does  :argh:   I bet you 32 cents that if the iPhone was made for sprint your would've gotten it.

Offline Ghostly Knight

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:30:34 pm »
I'll be getting a palm pre when it comes to Verizon. I like the iPhone, I really do, but there's no way in hell I'm putting up with AT&T, they are one of the worst phone providers ever.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 05:56:14 pm »
I'll be getting a palm pre when it comes to Verizon. I like the iPhone, I really do, but there's no way in hell I'm putting up with AT&T, they are one of the worst phone providers ever.
Cost-wise you mean?

Offline Doctor

• Oddball and Weirdo
  • BC Regular
  • Odder and odder still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 05:59:32 pm »
No, Infantry, just overall.

For about three years now, I've had difficulties sending and receiving picture texts. On Broken's AT&T plan, unlimited picture texts, all good, right?

Three years, and they still haven't fixed a damn thing.

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:12 pm »
I use t-mobile with my iPhone and have one of the cheapest plans. But anyways, the rumormill is swirling hardcore that it will be coming to verizon sometime as early as 2010