- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: The wife's 2008 Europe trip  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
The wife's 2008 Europe trip
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:24 am »
My wife has never been on a tour. I guess she's to adventurous. At about 20 years old, her and a girlfriend hitchhiked across Europe, however passing a small town called Rapallo Italy, she fell in love with the town from a window and later returned several time to live there and have adventures. Last year she returned and stayed a few days in Antibes, France, then went back to see old friends in Italy for the first time in 40 years and maybe the last time. She took over 1650 photos. I just grabbed some random shots. Click a photo for enlargement.

South France and french and italian fast food

Then on to Italy where she's was longing to see a grave yard in Genoa that's supposed to be one of the greatest in the world. Fortunes are poured into art in Mausoleums and Grave Markers

Then into the city

Then Portafino (I think)

Then on to Rapallo her old stomping grounds

Her 1st European Apartment

Views of Rapallo

The Church: During an air raid of the allied Bombers, some Italians were huddled in this church. Surely the Allies would not bomb a church! Wrong. In through the roof came a bomb which lodged in the floor of the church without hitting anyone. The first time my wife visited in the 70s, it was still stuck in the floor. The Italians of course knew it was a miracle! When she returned in 08, it was encased and set off to the side and the church had been completely restored

On the last day in France before they left an old friend who owns all the harp factories of note in the world finally found her and her friends - Victor. He took them to his 5 acre villa near Antibes for food and wine and a sight seeing tour. a perfect cap for the trip.

“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”