• View Profile
Vomit
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:54:54 pm »
Player Name : Vomit
IP Address : 74.57.125.226
This player was banned from : Teamspeak
Date : 7/1/09
Ban length : 7 days
Reason for banning : I received a complaint the other day about a player under the name "vomit" was spamming members with music and whatnot. Seeing that [CV] vomit was in my channel playing golf with me, I assumed It was a same person and gave a ban.

A hack was involved?  No
Type of Hack being used :
Description of Hack being by this player :
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:00:51 pm by GenocideĐriftz »

Pinkie is so 1337 she doesn't sigh, she simply says it.

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

Drizzle

Re: Vomit
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:12:55 pm »
I thought an admin wasn't allowed to make assumptions like that, but had to actually witness (in this case hear) the player do something.  Banning from another channel entirely just seems to me like it would make it real easy for someone to come to you and have anybody in their channel banned for them, whether or not they were actually doing anything.  In other words, I thought there was a reason that only admins had admin powers.

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:58:07 pm »
I thought an admin wasn't allowed to make assumptions like that, but had to actually witness (in this case hear) the player do something.  Banning from another channel entirely just seems to me like it would make it real easy for someone to come to you and have anybody in their channel banned for them, whether or not they were actually doing anything.  In other words, I thought there was a reason that only admins had admin powers.
This is still true today.

Can't just ban off of assumption unless management has made it clear and it's one of those " permanent ban on sight " deals.(there might be other exceptions to this rule, but this is the only one I know of, and the only one acted on in such a sense )

Unless something changed that I was totally oblivious to.

Offline GenocideĐriftz

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:05:58 pm »
In my logic, I'd only see someone coming in as the same name as another person just to cause problems. I've never met another vomit as long as I've been gaming and I went on what people were saying my channel who had previous experience with the guy (Ajax, and Pinkie)

I see where just assumption wouldn't be fair, but seeing as other people were saying that he is a rule breaking trouble maker, I took action.

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

Drizzle

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 09:10:34 pm »
Your logic isn't what the rules for admins was based on.  I'm saying you didn't follow clan procedure.  No matter how flawless your logic is, that's still breaking the rules.

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:13:00 pm »
Oh shut up Drizzle and go active.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Ajax

• BLAH
  • BC Regular
  • You can't touch my buns of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:16:33 pm »
The guy is annoying as hell and imo knew what he was doing. I got Pinkie on teamspeak yesterday to kick him or at least warn him, and he set it up so that it would just whisper me...and the asshole would leave before anyone could do anything to him/her. Honestly I would have done the same thing as Geno if I had server admin..

Core i5 2500k • GTX 560Ti • 8GB DDR 3 RAM • 1.5 TB HDD • W7 Ultimate

Offline GenocideĐriftz

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:18:13 pm »
I think I was somewhat following procedure, from my understanding he was warned for the same thing, or at least that was what I was told. As for actually witnessing wrong doing was my only process in which I wasn't following procedure.

Edit- Pinkie didnt kick him, my source was wrong.

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:52 pm »
Yesterday as soon as I came on ts, the guy quit. Then he came in again as "vomit". I assumed it may be CV Vomit, but of course it wasn't. Then Killer started talking to me on xfire saying he was spamming music, I didn't hear anything though because he had a whisper key set up. So I couldn't technically WITNESS anything. So I didn't do anything, and he left soon after.. I did warn him in chat though, so..
Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Sportin' the old sig by Hambone :D

Drizzle

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:01 pm »
As for actually witnessing wrong doing was my only process in which I wasn't following procedure.

Which is the only part I claimed you didn't follow.  Still, whether you follow 5% or 90% of the procedure, if you don't follow it completely, you're not following procedure.

Oh shut up Drizzle and go active.

I'm not inactive, I quit the clan.  But I still care that things are being run properly around here.  I can't for the life of me tell you why...  but I do.

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:49 pm »
I dunno, I don't think Drizz is mad about him banning the guy or the reason he did ban him, but mad at him for not following the by-laws/admining rules/whatever you wanna call them.

Drizzle

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 09:32:56 pm »
I dunno, I don't think Drizz is mad about him banning the guy or the reason he did ban him, but mad at him for not following the by-laws/admining rules/whatever you wanna call them.

I'm not mad about anything.  But yes, that is what I am trying to point out.

I could care less about whoever this vomit person is personally, banned, unbanned, whatever.  But when I see procedures not being followed, which I helped to put in place long ago for very good reasons, I'm gonna say something.  If it's not called out, it will continue, and it's all downhill from there.  I just don't wanna see that end up happening to you guys.

Offline Scooby

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:34:46 pm »

I could care less about whoever this vomit person is personally, banned, unbanned, whatever.  But when I see procedures not being followed, which I helped to put in place long ago for very good reasons, I'm gonna say something.  If it's not called out, it will continue, and it's all downhill from there.  I just don't wanna see that end up happening to you guys.

Yeah, Mad was a bad word to use there, just couldn't think of anything else at that moment.

Offline Killer

• OMG I'm a
  • BC Regular
  • §þ·
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 09:55:35 pm »
I was a witness on it and this guy was spamming music and his in-game sound. I thought that he had voice activation and had stereo speakers hooked up. Quite annoying, just I just muted the kid on my TS.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
[23:08] *GSD Chromefailz | Pinkie: I'll just be like, eff you
[23:08] *GSD Chromefailz | Pinkie: bitch..

Offline Infantryman

• Fish on!
  • BC Admin
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 10:53:11 pm »
Yer a damn trouble maker Drizzle. Just up to no good.  Warning: Don't talk to Drizzle he will corrupt younguns and make women fall to evil and drive men to drink.  And those are his good points.
“Help a man when he's in trouble and he will remember when he's in trouble again.”

Offline Rocky

• Run Forest!!!! Ruuuuunnn!!!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • United we stand, divided we fall
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thebcclan.com
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:00 am »
This is so cool we can just make up rules as we go.   :)

Not trying to cause trouble, just doing some research and found this.

I thought it might be relevant since he is being recruited to join the clan.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:07:27 am by Rocky »

Offline Rocky

• Run Forest!!!! Ruuuuunnn!!!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • United we stand, divided we fall
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thebcclan.com
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 10:17:35 am »

He has got a point there.

Offline Neo

• The Clan Flirt
  • BC Regular
  • xX emo kid Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 10:41:13 am »
this ban was made by someone who refused to cooperate with us when we needed shit with boss was flying...

I'd be more inclined to believe ruga's claim of a hacker before I ever trust anything that comes out of genos mouth or judgement

edit from Abz : I don't see this going anyway useful, locked.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:51:37 am by Abzstrak »