- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: CAL Rotation Server Up!  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
CAL Rotation Server Up!
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:09:16 pm »
208.69.231.210:6001
[BC Clan][CAL Rotation Server][100 Tic]

Its running everything CAL needs, only thing different is freezetime is 5 seconds and map time is 30 minutes.  Enjoy.

de_dust2
de_train
de_inferno
de_nuke
de_season   
de_russka
de_cpl_mill
de_contra
de_cpl_strike

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: CAL Rotation Server Up!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
ugh... and it FORCES CONSISTENCY! URHGHRHGHRGHRGHR!  I understand why you have it doing that, but isn't there another setting that won't force the files to be correct, but it will automatically load the defaults?  Don't know how, but I think that would be better... it would allow people like me to get in there, and would still keep people with default skins and setups.

|Random|
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:35:13 pm »
ugh... and it FORCES CONSISTENCY! URHGHRHGHRGHRGHR!  I understand why you have it doing that, but isn't there another setting that won't force the files to be correct, but it will automatically load the defaults?  Don't know how, but I think that would be better... it would allow people like me to get in there, and would still keep people with default skins and setups.

|Random|
you should find out for me.  also it is running zblock, so if zblock enforces it to then your screwed

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:27:31 pm »
you should find out for me.  also it is running zblock, so if zblock enforces it to then your screwed

zblock shouldn't have anything to do with it... I BELIEVE it is sv_pure... but I'm not positive.

|Random|
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 11:54:33 pm »
zblock shouldn't have anything to do with it... I BELIEVE it is sv_pure... but I'm not positive.

|Random|
zblock enforces all kinds of shit.  also i took the skins off so no more errors

Offline XCouga

• Death to Autotune!
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • SocalTechEnt
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:59 am »
Is the money system necessary? or can it be changed to 16k?  Its annoying playing half the time with a usp.
ုKelly087: in wow i am in a guild called Pink Fuzzy Death Bunnies

Online ATL

• BC Leaders
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:02:28 am »
Is the money system necessary? or can it be changed to 16k?  Its annoying playing half the time with a usp.
I'm sure it's up to the majority.  The reason it is set that way is it matches Cal.  Last season, you would start with 12K, and the lo3 cfg, would set it back to 800, so your first buy, you would have plenty of money which the stronger team would never run out of.  Less money in the beginning forces team work, it teaches you how to earn money, like defusing the bomb earns 3 kills, etc.  It forces you to share weapons, and greatly increases the necessity of planning not only for yourself but the team.  For our public server it might be a pain to join a game in the middle because your at a real disadvantage, for the remaining rounds.  Personally I would rather see fewer rounds with a max game time of 30 minutes.  That would ensure those that joined in the middle wouldn't have to wait as long for everyone to start fresh.  If we call it a CAL rotation server it needs to closely match cal game rules or whats the point of calling it that?  I don't think Snow has any plans of making all CSS servers Cal just one I thought.  :smt004
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:10:42 am by ATL »

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:50 pm »
Last CAL season was 16k starting, they went back to 800.  This is the way it's going to be.  You'll get good with pistols and saving money fast =)