- BC Clan Shoutbox

Poll

I really think we should have one of these options. choose

Soccer Mod
VolleyBall
24/7 Soccer and Volleyball
Other

Author Topic: CSS Ice Skating Change? *Please vote*  (Read 7085 times)

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
CSS Ice Skating Change? *Please vote*
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:10 am »
Hopefully Snow will change the server to something we all can enjoy

because i just joined the ice skating server, and it is a bit dull and boring. hopefully one of the servers you pick will be fun

Soccer is really fun. it involves teamwork, communication. and Fun Ness

Soccer

Volley Ball

Volleyball - Fun ness as well

If you vote other please post your idea's
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:13:04 am by Assassin »

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: CSS Ice Skating Change? *Please vote*
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 12:51:52 am »
ya the ice skating server was the office server.  The office server at this point is never going to work, and irenicus wanted to try something out so I let him do so. I'm cool with changing it to whatever

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:53:05 am »
well if we have soccer and volley ball. i think it's gonna be a hassle on your end because u gotta get on the configs. and i think the server would mess up if we keep changing the configs. or if we have a special button that we can place on rcon command *admin* to change configs. 1 for soccer the other for volley ball. if all shat goes out of place. we can always try soccer configs. see how well that server goes. or vice versa on the volleyball

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:51 am »
the reason why volley ball would be kinda. um hectic is because if we have alot of people in the server.

10 vs 10 it's gonna be kinda cramped. and every 1 is gonna jump for the ball. hopefully we can put some guidelines or some ground rules.

for soccer, it's pretty much simple. if soccer get's to confusing for others. we can help people. if it gets bad. then Volley ball is my 2nd choice.

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 02:54:43 am »
the reason why volley ball would be kinda. um hectic is because if we have alot of people in the server.

Problem.... I say put it as a NORMAL server.  **** 24/7 bullshit.  Office and Dust 2 in my opinion are pathetic maps.  Put on a normal rotation between all the stock maps.

|Random|

PS - or ditch it entirely for a L4D server.
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Comma

• mmmm, I love me some kankles....
  • BC Regular
  • Teh Screen Is Yum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 05:25:15 am »
nah, don't take css serv away from l4d, because if u didn't notice...
i think our css server could play up to 32 people or something
and left4dead is only 8... when we play l4d together, its ALWAYS over 8 pplz

i second the thought of a soccer/volleyball server, i know ppl enjoy reg maps too...
but i'm just more of the modded game type, i don't really like reg css anymore

Offline Pinkie

• Hawt sawk rawker
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • WOAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 08:36:24 am »
<-- Misses Zombie Mod even though she has L4D... :/
Yeah but Pinkie types faster than the hispanic people talk on the spanish channel and that's almost impossible. - TeXaS

Sportin' the old sig by Hambone :D

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 11:14:37 am »
WTF is the point of a L4d server random? You cant choose what server you join...
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 01:21:58 pm »
U can through a steam group.  It's still sum. At this point till the sdk comes out and we can customize it

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:39 pm »
I just don't see the point of a l4d server, I mean it's not like anyone actually cares what server they're playing in when they play l4d...
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Drizzle

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 02:30:11 pm »
I just don't see the point of a l4d server, I mean it's not like anyone actually cares what server they're playing in when they play l4d...

Not yet anyway...

Eventually, once there's a bunch of new maps, modded maps, and newly available settings, it's going to make a difference where you play.  In fact, it's already started.

Just 2 days ago, I got roped into playing on a server with a guy on my friends list that I had played L4D with a couple times before, not realizing he was hosting on his own PC.  Turns out he turned sv_cheats on, and he and his team were using a 5x melee exploit throughout the entire game which he bragged about at the end.  I promptly deleted him from my friends list, then mourned the loss of the last hour of my life playing against cheaters.  I've never had to worry about such blatant hacks in our servers, because we keep our settings at a level which doesn't allow for most of them.  Therefore, I care what server I'm playing in.

L4D is a still a new game released with very few features, but lots of potential.  It will evolve over time.  Even Halo didn't have RCON commands for a long time after it first came out.  I think it's a bit early to consider a server for L4D just yet.

As far as keeping it a CS:S server is concerned, I like the soccer/volleyball idea, but even more, I like the idea of having a random mods server.  Soccer, volleyball, ice skating, death runs, etc.  However, I don't know if it's possible to pull off from a settings standpoint.  I know just using low grav used to cause problems for every map that came after.

Offline NeckFace

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 03:15:03 pm »
<-- Misses Zombie Mod even though she has L4D... :/
I don't have L4D but it would be cool considering its damn near impossible to find a good ZM server anymore. Plus I will rape everyone with my sweet jump skillz.
"Lets all get naked and play some yahtzee!" -PK

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 04:40:15 pm »
everything is random. so u cant choose how many tanks u want, witches etc. it's the luck of the draw.

so ATM there's no actual good reason to have a l4d server, we just gotta wait in till the new updates come out or something.

or if we can try getting another server to provide both things for css. but idk

i know some people like soccer and some dont, some may like volleyball, some dont.

If we can have a lot of BC members to participate, I believe you will like at least on of em. i know volleyball is bound to make you laugh.

i know a lot of people dislike the ice skating server, and is never gonna get popular because of how dull it is and boring.

at least give one of the mods a shot :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:42:20 pm by Assassin »

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 04:45:25 pm »
As far as keeping it a CS:S server is concerned, I like the soccer/volleyball idea, but even more, I like the idea of having a random mods server.  Soccer, volleyball, ice skating, death runs, etc.  However, I don't know if it's possible to pull off from a settings standpoint.  I know just using low grav used to cause problems for every map that came after.

we tried putting the soccer server and volley ball server in the lock private server, but the volley ball configs ruined the soccer configs. hopefully we can have each configs in rcon admin, and by a push of a button it will fix everything

1. Default Config
2. CSS Config
3. Volley Ball Config

Offline Abzstrak

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
    • The ßÇ Clan
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 04:51:07 pm »
I think this poll means that CSS needs to consider giving the server to Halo or another extension to make proper use of it.... this is silly...
--Abzstrak

Offline Assassin

• Too Ze Maxx Jet?
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 04:54:24 pm »
I think this poll means that CSS needs to consider giving the server to Halo or another extension to make proper use of it.... this is silly...

WTH why?

i asked snow if i can make a poll, on the server change. wtf

how is this silly? we already had a good 2 options, random just popped in with the whole l4d dale ma.

so basically were killing the css extension? because i still wanna have "Fun"

Zombie is dead, Escape is dead, gun game is dead, ice skating been dead, Are we not having a css extension or what? 

In Article II of the bylaws it says
"1. Prime Directive:
The primary directive of the ဠClan and all of its members is to have fun playing games."

how can we have fun, with most of the servers dead. I'm just trying to help out on the extension.

Most of our css players are playing halo, l4d, crysis etc. just trying to help out....

at least give us a chance or something
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:02:23 pm by Assassin »

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 05:39:10 pm »
WTH why?
gun game is dead

I don't think so.  Gun game is fun as hell no matter how many players you have... 4-32 player gungame is awesome.  Soccer and Volleyball practically require at LEAST 10 people for it to stand a chance at being fun, and even then, you have to play it with the right people.

I agree, ice skate was one of those "meh..." type games... it was good if you had the right people in there, and when people WEREN'T BEING GAY BY SAYING KNIVES ONLY and other shit...

As for "32 slot CSS vs. 8 slot L4D", an 8 slot L4D server would be just as good as a 32 slot CSS anything server.

I agree with Drizzle on the fact that L4D servers might not be all that advantageous YET, but will definitely be a must have in a couple months.

To be honest, I think we should let assassin do what he wants... set up a soccer/volleyball server.  Irenicus had his shot at saving the server, why not let assassin?

|Random|

PS - assassin, Abz isn't saying that you shouldn't have posted this poll, he's saying that we have tried numerous game types and mods to try and save the server, and it just isn't working.  CSS  in general is just another FPS game that isn't as entertaining as other FPS games, such as halo or crysis.
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Snowisfun

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »
no its not, we have many different server types we can try out.  its not like i am out of options and have no use for it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:00:57 pm by Snowisfun »

Offline NeckFace

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 08:34:56 am »
In my opinion Volleyball and Soccer are terrible ideas. Soccer is one of the least popular mods down there with ICE SKATING and VOLLEY BALL. The way I see it is if you turn the server into either one of those mods it is just going to end up exactly like ice skating. What about climb? That is a popular and fun mod. ZM could also work too. You just have to know how to properly create and populate a zombie mod server. I'd be more than willing to help considering it's damn near impossible to find a good classic zombie server anymore. Just please... No escape maps.
"Lets all get naked and play some yahtzee!" -PK

Offline Reizin

• BC Regular
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 06:30:22 pm »
Problem.... I say put it as a NORMAL server.  KOBE BRYANT 24/7 Bulllamp.  Office and Dust 2 in my opinion are pathetic maps.  Put on a normal rotation between all the stock maps.
Exactly what I've been saying.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:31:53 pm by Reizin »
The above post is for your own good.