- BC Clan Shoutbox

Author Topic: Who is getting GTA IV for pc  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Realman

• REALBIGTURD
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
Who is getting GTA IV for pc
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:15:29 pm »
i hear that the online engine is going to rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKSk1bW9qzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKSk1bW9qzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I have aids" - Domino

Offline Angel PK

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Who is getting GTA IV for pc
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:35:09 pm »
In the words of Sheen:

"This GAEM is a day 1 purchase."

I heard the PC version is gonna have some new Multi-player gametypes as well as all of the originals.  I honestly can't wait. I may have to play GTA: SA and finally beat it.

My favorite GTA game was III, so I am looking forward to the new Liberty City.:D

Offline FlaƧh

• is a §exy ßeast
  • BC Regular
  • Wally "Brown Bear" West
    • View Profile
    • BC CLAN
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:42:35 pm »
my fav was vice city
but there's a flood of games coming out, idk which one to pick
(00:29:00) Adi: i hate how this damn site times you out now like a freakin bank..

Offline The Joker

• BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • MEEF
    • View Profile
    • Jacob's Blarg
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:45:07 pm »
Personally, I thought all of them were good except for IV. It was fun for an hour and then I went and traded it back to gamestop... It blew... and the graphics style looked like dump... it was supposed to look a bit cartoony, but Crackdown did a much better job of it.

Offline Some Random Dude

• That lucky guy that somehow snagged the beautiful Adi <3
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:11:34 pm »
I would strongly recommend NOT getting this game.  I honestly cannot see how some game sites actually gave it a score of 11/10.... this game is 6/10.... 8/10 AT BEST (on a FRIGGIN GREAT DAY)....

Online = worst piece of crap ever.  Default weapons starts you with a deagle, and nobody will play unless you start with the rocket launcher or an AK, which is just redonkulous.... well, correction = they will start the game, figure out that you DON'T start with rocket/ak and then leave, meaning on average, out of 10 games scheduled for 30 minute time limits, you will AVERAGE 4 minutes of play.

Getting into multiplayer is one of the dumbest things of a game I have ever seen, and trust me, I've seen TONS upon metric TONS of lamp.  You auto load into single player every time, open you phone, select multiplayer, and select your multiplayer game type.  After you select TDM for example, it says START NEW GAME, which if you ask me, should me set up my own KOBE BRYANT server, customize the settings, let others join.  But no.  It apparently means join someone elses server where they always wind up putting the stupidest settings on.

As for graphics, they are BARELY a step up from CSS if you ask me, and (xbox exclusive), run on average about 24-30 fps... which is pathetic.

Overall gameplay?  Well, when you run into a truck that is going 65mph/100kmh while you are in a compact car going 65mph/100kmh, you just go splat, spin out, maybe start your car on fire... but when you hit the tiniest of trees sitting in a park (yeah, the little trees that rabbits like to chew on, forcing the owners to put those stupid ribbed plastic wrappings on the tree trunks) going 10mph/20kmh, you go flying out of your car, losing a SMALL amount of health as you rifle through the windshield, as well as a smaller amount of health every time you hit the ground and roll after the aforementioned crash until you finally smack into a wall and then stand up...  WOOHOO!!! Lets do that again!   BUT WAIT!!! We should restore all those broken bones, busted teeth, and all that other fun stuff! Hmmm.... how to do that...... AHAH! A KOBE BRYANT HOTDOG VENDOR!! I'M IN LUCK!!! *spends $5 on hotdog* MMMMmmmmm.... condiments....

Don't waste the money, or your dignity in falling for the most overrated game since PONG.

Get something worth while.... like Dead Space... or Little Big Planet... or Fable 2... or spend that $50/$60 on something better, like gas for your car so you can run to BlockBuster and rent GTA IV so you can get the disappointing feeling of falling for the most overrated game since PONG anyway.

Or to be more honest, get Crimsonland.  It'll cost you $20, is INSANELY FUN and challenging, and then you can use another $20 on energy drinks because you want to stay up until you LVL 47, which has been kicking your ass left and right for the past hour (no, lvl 47 isn't the last level either, but IMHO its by far the hardest.)... and finally, you can save the other $20 for when Crimsonland 2 is released, and send it to me because I've introduced you to one of the greatest games that you have ever played.

|Random|

PS - Or buy your girl/guy sometime nice and maybe get lucky later that night.

PSS - FYI, I have it for 360, so it MIGHT be better... but then again, when was the last GOOD port from console to PC?  That situation has just about as good of a track record as video games that port to movies...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:15:29 pm by Some Random Dude »
[19:40] NeckFace: Pinkie cooks her food by screaming at it
[12:04] MSG_Pinkie: lol, my life is hax.
[16:36] ုMiss Jetty: im so hungry i could eat a carpet
[21:02] ုKelly087: im a girl its my job to PMS
ုKelly-087 - Halo! =0 says (9:16 PM): im only a canadian super pipsqueak

Offline Angel PK

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:17 am »
All the PC ports of the GTA series have been top notch. I don't see how they could drop the ball with this one.

Offline TeXaS

• °Sous Chef - Josh°
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • ¤ Gê† §ðmê ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:06 am »
I just got it today.

Offline DarkRaver

• He who laughs last... doesn't get it.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Uhu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 01:47:49 am »
Me is getting it to :) 

Offline Kyon

• Awesome 2 da MAX!
  • BC Regular
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 01:01:06 pm »
Sweet!!! I'm getting that game!!! :minigun:

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:35:36 pm »
I'll get in in a bit.

This is all directed at Random:

I don't have Xbox live, but I have a feeling its better then what your anal self is describing.

Really? Terrible graphics? Just a notch up from CSS? I think your full of shit, get your eyes checked. The game looks great.

I can't see how you think the game is terrible. I don't think I'd like to play any 'realistic' health and damage system. I like being able to go 100 miles an hour down a road when I'm running from the popo and not be killed when I crash and get flung out of my car. I don't want to have to worry about being safe when people are trying to kill me. Its idiotic and the games that do do a system where your car and body have acted out real world physics have failed, not that I've heard of that many games that do implement this.
If that's your major complaint I say suck it up. This game is worth every penny and for most people will easily rack up 30+ hours

All the GTA ports have been great.

BTW, this game is better then Fable 2 will be, which from what I've seen and heard is going to be a bit of a disappointment.

--End bitch-slapping--

Overall, everyone just ignore Random. He really has no idea what he's talking about if he's  saying this game failed as hard as he says. I know it was over-hyped, just like dozens of games that have and will come out, and when that happens they never quite live up to what everyone was expecting. Who cares though? This game is a great buy, and if your like most people it will keep you entertained for a long time.

I do also suggest picking up Dead Space, and can give a semi-thumbs up for Crimsonland, though I'd hardly consider it the greatest game out there.
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Offline LaLa

• 100% Certified Jager Bomber
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 06:43:41 pm »
I dont do any of the missions or anything in this game.. I just like messing around and see how many stars (i think they were stars) on how bad im wanted by cops on all the crime i committed... Back in my smoking days, i could play this and tetris for hours!!
DimeBagDurm (10:26:11 AM): its so crazy my friends dont even have babies anymore, they have... like... real little... people lol

Offline Some Random Dude

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:55 pm »
I dont do any of the missions or anything in this game.. I just like messing around and see how many stars (i think they were stars) on how bad im wanted by cops on all the crime i committed... Back in my smoking days, i could play this and tetris for hours!!

Get an instant 6/6 star rating just by crossing a bridge you aren't supposed to cross until you get "x" missions into the game...  They have the bridge blockaded off, but you can walk on one of the "under-bridge cross walks" and not know you are going where you shouldn't be than all of a sudden, POW! 6 stars, chopper + sniper shots = 2 minute life span.

BTW - Tetris = FTW

---------------------------------------------

As for ghostly...

Really? Terrible graphics? Just a notch up from CSS? I think your full of lamp, get your eyes checked. The game looks great.

NFS:MW had better graphics in standard definition than GTA IV has in HD and that came out years ago...  OMG! GTA IV has Time of Day and HDR.... those concepts were first intorduced how many years ago?  So the heads are actually head shaped and not as boxy as CS:S, but with the amount of funds they had available, they could have done a hell of a lot better on some of the animations and textures...

I can't see how you think the game is terrible. I don't think I'd like to play any 'realistic' health and damage system. I like being able to go 100 miles an hour down a road when I'm running from the popo and not be killed when I crash and get flung out of my car. I don't want to have to worry about being safe when people are trying to kill me. Its idiotic and the games that do do a system where your car and body have acted out real world physics have failed, not that I've heard of that many games that do implement this.

Agree to disagree... I will say that yeah, sometimes driving around at 200mph crashing into humans, running from the fuzz and hitting ramps in the middle of nowhere can be fun, however I think they implemented the system very poorly.  Real life health, meaning you get shot once and die, of course wouldn't be practical, but going 100mph and being flung through the windshield of a car and then skidding and bouncing across pavement via your face for 100 yards should at least do more damage than getting shot in the foot with a pellet gun.  I wasn't referring to hitting a tree at 15mph and getting killed, I was referring to the fact that you fly out in that instance than in a head on collision at 100mph.... either way, if you DO fling out in both instances, you take the same amount of damage.

BTW, this game is better then Fable 2 will be, which from what I've seen and heard is going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Even if it is a "bit of a disappointment", it is at least original, instead of releasing a game with upgraded graphics, a different main character with a different accent, and relatively the exact same storyline (which is "kill people for someone, kill other people for someone else, kill everybody, put in cheats and blow everything up").

...and can give a semi-thumbs up for Crimsonland, though I'd hardly consider it the greatest game out there.

Sarcasm... meant to intrigue people into looking into it because its one of those time killing games.... squeeze a level in here, do some homework/actual work, squeeze more levels in there...

Overall, everyone just ignore Random. He really has no idea what he's talking about if he's  saying this game failed as hard as he says.

Way to completely gimp your argument with flaming.  I was giving my opinion...

------------------------------------------

Overall though guys - Just ignore ghostly, hes just acting out on the internet to compensate for his usual **** retarded self centered persona in real life...

|Random|

PS - ghostly, I can play the flame game too...

Offline Projekt Unyon

• Mr. Captain Taco
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 12:06:06 am »
Personally I liked GTA III, and got bored with GTA SA.  The downfall with GTA SA was having to get your haircut, keeping fit, yadda yadda yadda, to keep your character in accordance to what the AI wants you to be.  If GTA IV doesn't have that crap, I am all for it.  But if it has anything like that, regardless if it's multiplayer, it stays in the store.  Plus I don't do 3rd person multiplayer, so if it's that at all, I won't even consider buying it.

Offline Sheen

• Out of the closet and loving it
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 12:10:31 am »
Well Unyon you are in luck because when you go into multiplayer it becomes a FPS game.

Offline Angel PK

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 12:11:17 am »
GTAIV is in the same city as GTAIII, but obviously with way better graphics, story, and characters. The PC version is gonna have an expanded Multi-player which really interests me. I loved play Multi-theft Auto for San Andreas. I also heard it was RPG-lite. I didn't really like the HUMONGOUS maps in San Andreas. It really became a chore in driving anywhere. Also you Mexican man you, you can switch to 1st person when aiming and sniping. I know that's in for a fact, especially with the new cover system. DUCK SHOOT, DUCK SHOOT.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:13:14 am by PK »

Offline Some Random Dude

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 12:21:56 am »
Well Unyon you are in luck because when you go into multiplayer it becomes a FPS game.

Once again, on 360, nope.  Sniper scope is a sniper scope, but that's it... other than that, it's third person.

Also you Mexican man you, you can switch to 1st person when aiming and sniping. I know that's in for a fact, especially with the new cover system. DUCK SHOOT, DUCK SHOOT.

No it isn't.... you take cover and the camera sits there, still 3rd person, and just like in Gears, you can blind fire, or you can choose to "aim", which is just auto targeting and by choosing to "aim", you stand up from your cover, or peak your head out w.e, and shoot more accurately... sniper scope is the only thing that is relatively FPS-ish.

|Random|

PS - One of the FEW modes that is actually cool in GTA IV multiplayer is the setup where you play fists/grenades only, on a small-ish map, and then it just becomes a race to see who can get into the few vehicles first...  even then, you have to be with the "right people" for that to work... ie. close friends... not some other dude you tossed on your friends list because you guys kicked ass together in CoD4.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:26:11 am by Some Random Dude »

Offline Angel PK

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 12:26:34 am »
The PC MP aspect in GTAIV will not be like the console versions. It'll have it's own servers and whatnot, so I really don't see why you're fussing over it.

Offline Some Random Dude

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 12:38:08 am »
The PC MP aspect in GTAIV will not be like the console versions. It'll have it's own servers and whatnot, so I really don't see why you're fussing over it.

Like I said, on xbox 360, it might be different.... I don't follow up on games that I already own and for the most part, don't care too much about....

I was just saying that IF the PC version is anything like the xbox version, it will disappoint.

|Random|

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 12:50:56 am »
And I'm saying it won't.
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."

Offline Some Random Dude

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 12:55:21 am »
And I'm saying it won't.

Very well, lets both be done in this thread than because to be honest, NEITHER of us has ACTUALLY played the game for PC... its all speculation.  You think it won't disappoint, I think it will.

Whatever.

|Random|