• View Profile
"OBAMA"
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:44:33 am »
Name of player: "OBAMA"
Game ID (Steam ID, PB Hash, etc): STEAM_0:0:6114159
Server:  Surf
Date: today
Ban length: 1 day
Reason for banning:political name (was mccain 2008, and he called me a nazi for asking him to change it.  He then changed his name to the above...)

Offline Angel PK

• BC Regular
    • View Profile
Re: "OBAMA"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:13:39 am »
Was he causing a disturbance with the name mccain 2008 or did he just have the political name? We don't warn or kick people for having those kinds of names unless they are causing a disturbance in the server.

3. Any in-game names, comments, or conversations that are causing a disruption in our servers regarding Sex, Race, Religion, or Politics is usually not tolerated. A Name or comment on its own can be overlooked by an admin, however if it leads to players arguing or conversing, rather than playing, you will be warned up to 3 times before being kicked from the server. If you come back in the server and continue such behavior you will be banned from ဠservers.

Offline Heartless

• -Heartless-
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:42:14 am »
like Padawan Inferno will say it was a disturbance in the Force

Offline 1nfern0

• Drama Queen
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:57:03 am »
3. Any in-game names, comments, or conversations that are causing a disruption in our servers regarding Sex, Race, Religion, or Politics is usually not tolerated. A Name or comment on its own can be overlooked by an admin, however if it leads to players arguing or conversing, rather than playing, you will be warned up to 3 times before being kicked from the server. If you come back in the server and continue such behavior you will be banned from ဠservers.

Can is the key word.  It is left up to the admins discretion. 

Offline Ghostly Knight

• I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • BC Members
  • BC Regular
  • Huge Wang, and a god among men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 03:45:04 am »
I don't like political names period, since most people with the political names tend to cause problems eventually. At least in my case.
Neckface - "You're a sex fiend and a sexual deviant."